Help & further information
Quick help links
Access my file store | Print via wireless | Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
If you run into problems with the wireless service there could be a variety of causes. In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please follow the steps below :
- Check both the wireless status page and the wireless blog to confirm that there are currently no known problems with the service.
- Check you are in a location that has good wireless coverage
- Check you have followed the connection instructions properly.
- Check the frequently asked questions list – the solution to your problem may already be listed.
- Try to follow the Troubleshooting guide (for staff & students).
- Gather as much information you can about your problem and then contact the IT Service Desk:
When contacting the Service Desk you must include at least:
It is also very helpful if you can include:
- Any error text/error numbers displayed on your computer
- The exact time you had the problem
- Your exact location on campus at the time of the problem
These details will help us find you amongst the enormous about of debugging information we can search through.
Contact details for the IT Service Desk
You can contact the Service Desk by clicking here, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by phone (0117 928 7870 external, 87870 internal) or in person.