FAQ: How fast is the wireless? Are there any download limits?
There are no specific maximum upload or download amount limits when using the campus wireless service eduroam, but you must not cause problems for other users or with the network by using an unfair share. The wireless is generally pretty fast, but this may vary – we don’t guarantee any minimum or maximum speeds.
If you think you are experiencing a speed problem…
In order to provide you with any useful answers you will need to tell us all of the following:
- Your computer’s wireless MAC address
- Exactly where you are on campus (e.g. building and room number)
- What exactly you are trying to transfer (e.g. the address of the web page or file you are trying to download).
- The time and date that you experienced the problem
- Do a speedtest, click share this result, and send us the URL
- Which version/type of Windows/Mac/Linux/phone/PDA you did the speedtest with